SZM Spannwerkzeuge GmbH
An ultra-modern set of machines together with 65 qualified and highly motivated employees has formed the basis of our success in manufacturing clamping tools and complete assemblies for over 60 years.
We began in 1955 as a cooperatively organized manufacturer of collets. Today, we are one of the leading manufacturers of all types of clamping tools, and supply well-known companies in the automobile, mechanical engineering, tool manufacturing, measuring instrument, electronics, optics and medical products industries.
In our production plant in Zella-Mehlis, which has a total production area of over 2,000 square meters, we are committed to quality and precision.
- 1955: Foundation of the PGH (Produktionsgenossenschaft Handwerk / craft production cooperative) Spannwerkzeuge Zella-Mehlis
- 1971: Nationalization to become the VEB Spannwerkzeuge Zella-Mehlis – the only manufacturer of collets in the German Democratic Republic
- 1991: Ownership restored to the members of the PGH
- 1995: Company purchased by Gerhard Schreiner
- Foundation of SZM Spannwerkzeuge GmbH
- Systematic modernization of the machinery
- 1998: Transfer to the new company building at Köhlersgehäu 18
- 2001: Certification according to DIN ISO 9001:2000
- 2005: Management of the company taken over by Sabine Weiß and Thomas Weiß
- Development of the company into a supplier of solutions to problems in the field of clamping.
- 2005: 10th company anniversary
- 2006: Application submitted for the first "Longstar" patent by the SZM Spannwerkzeuge GmbH
- 2008: Extension and expansion of the production area by another 500 m²
- 2009: Opening of the new production hall